Professor DeLamater is interested in social psychology, human sexuality, gender, life course, and deviance, law and social control. His research interests include sexuality across the life course, intimate relationships, health promotion, and survey research methodology.
- Applied Social Psychology
- Close Relationships
- Gender Psychology
- Health Psychology
- Research Methods, Assessment
- Sexuality, Sexual Orientation
Note from the Network: The holder of this profile has certified having all necessary rights, licenses, and authorization to post the files listed below. Visitors are welcome to copy or use any files for noncommercial or journalistic purposes provided they credit the profile holder and cite this page as the source.
- DeLamater, J., & Myers, D. (2011). Social psychology (7th ed.). Belmont, CA: Wadsworth/Thomson.
- DeLamater, J. (Ed.). (2006). Handbook of social psychology. New York: Springer.
- Hyde, J. S., & DeLamater, J. (2011). Understanding human sexuality (11th ed.). Boston, MA: McGraw-Hill.
- Karraker, A., DeLamater, J., & Schwartz, C. (2011). Sexual frequency decline from midlife to later life. The Journals of Gerontology Series B: Psychological Sciences and Social Sciences, 2011; doi: 10.1093/geronb/gbr058.
- DeLamater, J., & Karraker, A. (2009). Sexual functioning in older adults. Current Psychiatry Reports, 11, 6-11.
- DeLamater, J., & Moorman, S. (2007). Sexual behavior in later life. Journal of Aging and Health, 19, 921-945.
- DeLamater, J., & Sill, M. (2005). Sexual desire in later life. Journal of Sex Research, 42, 138-149.
- Hyde, J., DeLamater, J., & Else-Quest, N. (2005). Context counts: First sexual experiences and later sexual dysfunction. Journal of Sex Research, 42, 102-112.
- Frank, K., & DeLamater, J. (2010). Deconstructing monogamy: Boundaries, identities, and fluidities across relationships. In Barker, M., & Langdridge, D. (Eds.), Understanding non-monogamies (pp. 9-20). New York: Routledge.
- DeLamater, J., & Hyde, J. (2004). Conceptual and theoretical issues in studying sexuality in close relationships. In J. Harvey, A. Wenzel, & S. Sprecher (Eds.), The Handbook of sexuality in close relationships (pp. 7-30). Hillsdale, NJ: Erlbaum.
2432 Sewell Social Science Building
University of Wisconsin
1180 Observatory Drive
Madison, WI 53706-1393
- Phone: (608) 262-4357
- Fax: (608) 262-8400